An Innovative, Interesting New Program!
Google have recently released a fantastic new app “Be Online Awesome” that’s taking the digital community by storm. The program is designed to help children in grades 3 to 5 be attentive smart and safe online.
Google said: Internet safety is among the critical the next generation will face. So we would like to teach kids to be Internet Awesome.
They worked with experts in electronic security to ensure every aspect of the program addresses exactly what teachers and families will need to know.
It is normal today that the Internet is accessed by kids at a young age than a few years ago. Google wanted to guarantee that the use of the Internet by kids was enjoyable and safe.
Be Internet Awesome was created with various learning areas available, such as activities that kids can enjoy on their own, and resources that teachers may use videos, in class that parents can see their kids.
Google is keen and optimistic that parents and schools become involved in the program.
More About Be Web Awesome
Let us play with it before we explain!
News, good and bad, travels like wildfire online, and parents will need to be sure their children know how to cope online if something disturbs them. The principles mentioned in Be Internet Awesome is an excellent yardstick for parents and educators .
The Be Internet Awesome program has children and parents are required to sign:
- Make Internet Smart: Discuss with care. Always think carefully about everything you share with sensitive information, and others, like home address, and keep other people’s business.
- Be Internet Alert: Do not fall for imitation. Be on the alert for scams and phishing that seem too good to be true, and if you’re concerned, report suspicious activity
- Be Online Powerful: Keep your secrets safe. Take responsibility for your own private information by producing passwords, like those using symbols, numbers and characters. Never give your passwords to anyone.
- Be Internet Kind: It’s cool to be kind. Be positive constantly, and use the skills report reports or behaviours of bullying, and you have learned to block.
- Be Internet Brave: When in doubt, talk it out. If you observe other things which make you feel uncomfortable, and any behaviour have the courage to speak out to a person. It takes bravery and courage to be safe when exploring the online world.
These goals can teach children to make wise decisions if they find themselves in difficult conditions, which may have lasting negative effects on young minds. Be Internet Awesome teaches children the basics of accountable behavior that is digital as they venture into the Internet.
The Showpiece of the Be Internet Awesome Game
Engaging , and to help kids learn the classes in a means that’s fun, absorbing, Google created an interactive game named INTERLAND. It’s totally free, online, easily accessible, and in a format that kids are knowledgeable about and love.
It focuses on an imaginary world of four lands, where gamers combat hackers, greed, and phishers, over-sharers, which will provide them the opportunity to practise the skills they have to be citizens that are digital.
Here are some aspects of the Interland game:
- In the Tower of Treasure, players need to outwith the hacker and build an untouchable password.
- Mindful Mountain includes certain questions and tasks designed to avoid over-sharing of personal details such as names and addresses of friends and family, and even medical records.
- In Kind Kingdom, a player should block and report cyberbullies to stop them spreading negativity.
- Reality River is filled with water in which a phisher is lurking, just waiting to deceive and attack. Children will need to use their best judgement skills to avoid the danger.
The game is immersive in that it engages the senses so that focus is retained for the duration of the drama, and because the senses are engaged, courses and the actions are better kept in the player’s memory.
Kids and Identity Theft
Do you know these details?
- 70% of kids who are victimized end up with fraudulent credit accounts or loans in their name.
- 18% of children wind up with a utility bill in their title.
- 5 percent of kids victims are targeted through foreclosures, mortgages, and other types of real estate fraud.
- 4% of children are well qualified for the purpose of producing fake driver’s licenses, whether for employment, fiscal fraud, or otherwise.
- 2% of kids find themselves being the unsuspecting victim of vehicle registration fraud by organized crime circles and committed criminals.
Actually children are a great target for identity theft. That’s the reason why we at ElitePersonalFinance work tough to help parents understand these issues and act quickly.
Here is what we have for you:
10 Tips to Make Sure Your Child’s Identity Stays Safe — Read this informative article today. 10 tips for your kids to be safe online.
100 Ways to Reduce Identity Theft — The Most Advanced Article About The Planet!!!
Identity Theft SafeGuard — The Most comprehensive guides online about the best way best to prevent identity theft.
We expect that you will find our resources useful!
How Children Can Help?
Meaningful conversations that give guidance, are not always successful with children. They are more prone to develop edgy and exhausted, and do not quite understand. For subjects are broached by parents with their kids, particularly those pertaining to the 19, It’s also difficult.
The Internet Beautiful program is an exceptional tool to assist parents reinforce lessons and appropriate behavior to make the dialogue easier.
Some suggestions for parents to help keep their kids safe on line.
- Encourage the children to think carefully before submitting, as once clicked it can’t be reversed.
- Show them how to flip on privacy settings and protect personal information.
- Explain it is almost always best to treat others on the internet as they’d wish to get treated.
- When laying down the legislation for your kids, try to become a role model when it comes to your own digital habits.
What It’s All About!
It is about the security of the kids in the era in which we reside. Without advice, with numerous negative, damaging things on the world wide web, our children could grow up to become cyber creatures.
The commitment of teachers, educators, and parents, and google Be Online Awesome program, will go a very long way to ensuring that our kids learn to become responsible, caring citizens.